Thursday, October 22, 2009

What if...?


What if there was no sorrow

and Angels could be seen...

What if tomorrow was a star-burst

and yesterday a dream...

What if I could hold your hands

and feel the beating of your hearts...

What if we were all together

never to be apart...

What if there were no worries

no pain, no loss, no tears...

What if we were open

to a journey without fear...

What if I could have you

in my arms each day...

knowing that you would never

have to go away...

What if knowing peace

was the only thing we had...

What if loving kindness

could chase away the bad...

What if I could have my way

and bring you back to me...

what a crime, because I know

that you are truly free...

I will cry, and I will bleed

You can fly and soar...

I will lose, and be in pain

you will hear me roar...

I will stumble, rise, and fall

you will witness all my loss--
and know I can take more...

knowing you was worth the rain

the beauty always there...

though I can't hold you again

and life really isn't fair...

I love you

I know you love me...

it will always be that way

for all eternity...

yes...

for all eternity.



3 comments:

  1. Did you write that? It is sooo beautiful and real. Love really is all we have, everything else can slip through our fingers but love will always be. I'm glad you hold onto the love between you and your babies. It trancends all time and space. Loving you and your babies from afar <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet friend...yes, I wrote it...it just came. Glad you liked it....it was typed with falling tears and a smile in a burst of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing tribute to your Simon and Alexander. I have chills and tears reading this... amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please take a moment to add your own reflections.